Ascom UK announces the appointment of Paul McCann as Managing Director for the UK and Ireland, who begins his new position today (5 September).
Bringing two decades of experience to the role in Commercial Management, Operational Leadership and Consultancy, he succeeds Paul Lawrence, who left the company in July. Paul has a strong background across acute healthcare, which is one of Ascom UK’s key markets, alongside the long-term care and enterprise channel segments.
Paul brings extensive knowledge of the UK and Ireland healthcare markets and joins Ascom UK from KPMG. Previous to this, he spent 18 years with Johnson & Johnson in a range of senior leadership roles. He has worked in multiple healthcare disciplines including diabetes, orthopaedics, and general surgery, throughout the UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
“I’m really excited to join Ascom UK,” says Paul McCann. “Ascom has been in the UK for over 60 years, and its expertise spans hardware manufacture, software development and system integration. We are focused on growing access to our vital communication and collaboration solutions in the acute and long-term care markets, where we are amongst the market leaders, and we continue to support the enterprise market, where we have a strong business heritage.
“We are serving customers in all corners of the UK & Ireland – we are proud to be enabling the digital transformation of healthcare in support of the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), and the NHS across England, Wales, and Scotland. We’re involved in leading acute care projects such as the New Hospitals Programme (NHP) and the Welsh Intensive Care Information System (WICIS).
“There is a strong, dedicated and skilled team here at Ascom. I am looking forward to building on the company’s success, allowing greater access to our technology solutions and addressing key needs of our healthcare & enterprise customers”.
Ascom CEO, Nicolas Vanden Abeele, comments: “Paul brings substantial experience from his roles in other global companies, and he is a real asset for Ascom UK, particularly with his knowledge of healthcare.
“I know that Paul has a strong track record in motivating and inspiring high performance. He has a wealth of experience in clinical product and software sales, commercial management, operational transformation, change management and managed service delivery. His knowledge and experience will be very beneficial to both us and our customers.
“We have a great team and platform to build on in the UK and I look forward to seeing Paul drive our growth record and elevate further our success across our markets. The future is really exciting.”
Ascom UK also sends its thanks to Tony Ferguson for his efforts in his role as interim managing director, handing over to Paul McCann in what is a growth period for the Ascom Group in all target market segments.
- Ascom is a global solutions provider focussed on healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Ascom’s healthcare solutions include Nurse Call, alarm management, silent wards and mobile solutions.
- The vision of Ascom is to close digital information gaps allowing for the best possible decisions – anytime and anywhere. Ascom’s mission is to provide mission-critical, near-real-time solutions for highly mobile, ad hoc, and time-sensitive environments. Ascom uses its unique product and solutions portfolio and software architecture capabilities to devise integration and mobilisation solutions that provide truly smooth, complete, and efficient workflows for healthcare as well as for industry and retail sectors.
- Ascom is headquartered in Baar, Switzerland and has subsidiaries in 15 countries and employs around 1,300 people worldwide. Ascom registered shares (ASCN) are listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange in Zurich.
- Established in the UK for more than 60 years, Ascom’s expertise spans hardware manufacture (hand-held devices), software development and systems integration. Ascom UK has two key divisions: Healthcare, where it works with NHS trusts and private healthcare organisations, and: Enterprise – covering retail, manufacturing, and hospitality. Ascom UK enterprise solutions speed up the flow of vital information between management systems and workers carrying out tasks – helping them to deliver efficiency improvements and cost savings.
- In healthcare, Ascom solutions speed up the flow of vital information between clinicians – helping them to give better care and save lives in time-critical situations such as sepsis diagnosis.
For more information visit www.ascom.com/uk