incovo’s 20-year journey of continual growth to becoming one of Scotland’s leading IT, telecoms and managed print providers has not been an easy one. Founder, Richard Thomas, passed away suddenly and tragically in 2016, leaving his then 18-year-old son, Chris Thomas, to take the reins. Despite Chris’ young age, he rose to the challenge and revolutionised the business, earning himself a raft of award nominations, including a place on the coveted shortlist of The Institute of Directors ‘Young Director of the Year’ awards.
And now, as incovo reaches its 20th anniversary, Chris is marking this significant milestone by announcing the acquisition of Edinburgh-based IT services provider, RGB Solutions.
The acquisition is the result of several months of strategic talks and negotiations between Chris Thomas and RGB Solutions’ founder, Richard Blades, with Stephen Paterson of Quest Corporate playing a pivotal role in facilitating the deal.
Speaking about the acquisition, Chris says, “incovo has undergone considerable changes in the past 20 years as it has grown and evolved in response to the ever-changing technological landscape. Demand for our IT services in particular has increased dramatically as a result of increasingly sophisticated cyber security threats. By acquiring RGB Solutions and introducing our leadership team and global technology partners, we can continue the positive trajectory that RGB Solutions is moving in and begin yet another exciting chapter in the incovo story”.
Richard is in agreement as he states, “Since its inception in 2004, RGB Solutions has stayed true to its founding vision and core values of providing a reliable and customer-focused approach to IT services. For almost two decades I have been fortunate to work towards building a fantastic team and client-base. With the support of this acquisition, RGB Solutions can continue on this positive path.”
The move is set to cement incovo’s position as one of the leading IT services providers in Scotland, boosting the group’s turnover by an additional £700,000. Five new team members and 97 new clients will come under incovo’s wing, with RGB Solutions’ established Edinburgh office remaining, bolstering incovo’s presence across Scotland’s Central Belt.
The acquisition will marry together RGB Solutions’ specialist expertise in cyber security, IT support and consultancy, and incovo’s long-standing reputation for managed print, connectivity, and cloud telecommunications. As a result, team members and clients alike are set to benefit as the two teams work together to source and deliver the most innovative solutions, services, and support.
- incovo is one of Scotland’s leading providers of IT, telecommunications, and managed print services. Established in 2002, today it proudly serves small to global enterprise customers throughout the UK, Europe, and the Middle East.
- Chris Thomas was appointed CEO of incovo at just 20 years of age. Within a few short years he has radically revolutionised the company,and in 2019 he earned himself a nomination and a coveted place on the shortlist of The Institute of Directors ‘Young Director of the Year’ awards. He also finalised for the ‘Next Generation Award’ at The Herald Scottish Family Business Awards, and won the ‘Business Growth Award’ at the West Lothian Business Awards.
- For more information, head to incovo.com, call 0345 450 8400, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- RGB Solutions was founded in 2004 by Richard Blades. From IT support to consultancy and fully serviced IT management – the team at RGB Solutions take pride in their founding ethos, ‘Innovative IT made easy’.
- For more information, head to rgbsolutions.co.uk, call 0131 554 8888, or email email@example.com.
Image features (left to right) Erin Thomson, Andy Taylor, Ruairidh Hastie, Richard Blades, Chris Thomas, James Myles, Bradley Jones, Jamie Glendinning, Gavin Blair. Alternative hi-res images are available upon request.