Global technology provider Arrow Electronics has announced an EMEA distribution agreement with Network as a Service (NaaS) provider Megaport. The agreement makes Megaport’s private Software Defined Network platform available to companies in EMEA looking to modernise their networks and accelerate digital transformation.
Megaport offers agile networking capabilities that help reduce operating costs and increase speed to market compared to traditional networking solutions. The NaaS platform provides private, scalable, on-demand connectivity to the world’s leading cloud service providers.
“After security, cloud optimisation is a top priority for the CTO, and having the best cloud connections to optimise costs is top of mind for most organisations going through digital transformation,” explains Alexis Brabant, vice president of sales for Arrow’s enterprise computing solutions business in EMEA. “We’re pleased to be working with Megaport to help them expand and deepen their channel relationships.”
The teaming of Arrow and Megaport offers:
- Improved network performance with reduced jitter and latency.
- Reduced cloud egress costs to cloud on-ramps when compared to internet rates.
- Point-and-click network provisioning to support interconnection between branch locations, data centres, cloud providers, and IT services without any hardware requirements.
- Real-time provisioning of virtual network infrastructure and interconnections.
- Secure, private hybrid cloud and multicloud connections to more than 360 service providers, 700-plus enabled data centres, and 230-plus cloud interconnect points.
“Bringing Megaport’s leading NaaS platform into the Arrow Electronics portfolio will make it easier for Arrow’s customers to modernise their customer’s network connectivity and provide quick access to leading cloud service providers,” said Rodney Foreman, chief revenue officer at Megaport. “Arrow’s global scale and reach, combined with their expertise in IT solutions, make them an ideal choice to help us expand our footprint in EMEA.”
About Arrow Electronics
Arrow Electronics guides innovation forward for over 220,000 leading technology manufacturers and service providers. With 2021 sales of $34 billion, Arrow develops technology solutions that improve business and daily life. Learn more at fiveyearsout.com.