One cool thing about Microsoft® Teams is that it can act as your phone service, but leveraging Teams in this way requires a calling plan that brings with it important considerations in the way of service quality and global reach. Here’s what you need to know to guarantee cloud application service and deliver a pristine user experience using Masergy’s new Microsoft Teams Direct Connect service.
Microsoft Teams expands its reach into telephony
If you’re already a “Microsoft shop,” you’re likely enjoying the simplicity of how Microsoft Teams, Office and Groups all work together—it’s an efficiency that equates to avoiding hours of integration and configuration for IT. This holistic system of services is precisely what Microsoft considers one of its biggest selling points, and the collaboration benefits are stretching even farther today with integration into telephony systems.
Originally released in June 2018, Direct Routing features enable customers to use their existing telephony infrastructure with Teams, creating a “full voice service” when combined with Microsoft’s Phone System for Office 365. But leveraging Teams for all it’s worth requires a calling service, which spawns critical considerations for IT leaders. This is where Masergy can help.
Considerations when evaluating calling plans
When IT leaders want to combine Microsoft Teams and their telephony service in one powerful toolset, it requires a PSTN (public switched telephone network) service. When you turn to Microsoft’s Calling Plan for this service, here’s what you’ll want to consider:
- ● Cost Model: PSTN is considered an add-on to each individual user. Licenses are sold by DID, and international service is an additional per person/per month fee.
- ● Global Reach: Global enterprises needing service all across the globe will need to ensure all their needs can be met.
- ● Quality Control: Call quality and performance analytics are necessary for controlling the user experience. In the year of COVID-19, ensuring every remote employee has pristine VoIP and video calls is a top priority for many IT leaders.
Masergy’s Microsoft Teams Direct Connect service
As a Microsoft Teams Direct Routing provider, Masergy helps IT leaders ensure their PSTN service delivers on the needs of their enterprise. Those who choose Masergy’s Direct Connect service to Microsoft Teams get:
Pay-for-Use Model: Clients pay for what they use, which can help right-size the calling plan. SIP Trunking allows your business to deploy and pay for only the concurrent call paths you need. No new on-premise hardware is required.
Global Service: Masergy’s service offers PSTN and SIP trunking in 25 countries. Clients enjoy private, encrypted connectivity with local dialing in all 25 countries. It’s a wide-reaching service designed to make international, long-distance calls cost effective.
Quality Controlled: Service is delivered through Masergy’s software-defined network, which was purpose-built for VoIP and video communications. Moreover, deep performance analytics are available in Masergy’s UCaaS Analyst dashboard. This helps IT leaders:
- ● Gain valuable insight and drive strategic business planning with detailed analytics
- ● Optimize viewing, controlling, and reporting with highly customised dashboard
- ● Get visibility into diagnostics that demonstrate service level quality and performance
- ● Manage, filter, and analyse data into actionable insights to reduce time to resolution for support teams
Security: Security is a built-in feature with encrypted SIP trunks. Masergy’s encrypted SIP trunks into Microsoft provide call paths for all inbound/outbound calls over the PSTN.
Few IT leaders are aware that Direct Routing connections offer an alternative to Microsoft’s Calling Plan. With Masergy’s service, there is a direct, encrypted connection between Masergy and Microsoft, so clients get security and simplicity in one solution.
Ready to learn more? Contact us today for a free consultation on Masergy’s Microsoft Teams Direct Connect services.