Rubrik has updated its cloud data management platform to make it easier for large enterprises to automate complex workflows and protect and modernise their data infrastructure.
Against a backdrop of accelerating cloud adoption, explosive data growth and the persistent threat of ransomware, Rubrik delivers a single, policy-driven platform for data recovery, governance, compliance and cloud mobility.
Its new Andes 5.3 release delivers more enterprise scale and performance, enhanced turnkey cloud migration and expanded intelligent risk mitigation.
Key features include:
- 10x faster backups of SQL Server environments;
- 2x faster Oracle backup speeds of nearly one gigabyte per second;
- A new ‘Recovery Validation’ feature to ensure an Oracle database is recoverable;
- New SLAs for Rubrik Elastic App Service or managed volumes, enabling full backup automation; and
- 3x better NAS restore performance and 2x better NetApp scanning performance, allowing for 35 million files to be scanned in less than 15 minutes.
Rubrik President Dan Rogers said: “Rubrik is driving a revolution in modern data management. With Andes 5.3, innovative companies can add automation to their data operations, ensure protection across hybrid environments, including all three major public cloud providers, and mitigate increasing data risks.”
In addition, the new release offers expanded orchestration and cost control across private, public and hybrid cloud infrastructures through new capabilities such as:
- The inclusion of VMs and file sets, as well as automated discovery and backup of SAP HANA, on Google Cloud using Rubrik SLA-based policies;
- Comprehensive hybrid-cloud VMware protection across on-premises, AWS, Azure and Google, plus VMware Cloud on AWS;
- Fully cloud-native Polaris data protection for Amazon RDS, enabling unified protection of RDS across multiple AWS accounts and regions, and recovery to different AWS regions;
- New protection of Oracle databases on AWS and Azure; and
- Improved Smart Tiering to archive data to cool storage when storage savings are greater than the compute costs of having to reconstruct the data for recovery.
Andes 5.3, currently in beta, will be made available through the Rubrik global partner network over the coming months.